So you got your mate or someone to design you a logo, or maybe you made it yourself but now you are stuck with a white block around the image limiting its design possibilities. Relax, don’t despair!!!! Designer-Dragonfly magic is right at hand and we will guide you step by step… come along then, pull up a chair and lets do this together..
First… the magic wand… GIMP!!!
Here is your gorgeous logo, but as you can see, you have a white block around the image, and that’s NOT what you want!! So let’s get to it….
Open up your image in GIMP
1. Go to “layers” on your toolbar, go down to “transparency” and then click on “add Alpha channel”
2. Then on your toolbar, select the “fuzzy select tool”
3. Now click on the white background that you want to remove, and press “delete” and voila… the white background is now gone, and now you will see a grey checked background ;-D BUT..you may notice that some white parts have remained between the letters. Simply click on the remainder white areas you wish to remove and delete.
4. Now we are going to save your image. Click on “File” then “Save as”
5. Name your image and give it a .PNG extension in order to save the transparent background!!
6. Click on “Save” and make sure that the “save background colour” box is checked and click on “save”
7. Simple as that….. you now have your beautiful logo, without the background colour, that you can now proudly display on your website!! Well Done!! Thank you and hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.